Get back to deliciousness and away from that fast-food assembly line production. With this classic cheeseburger recipe, you’ll think you’re in the 50s at an old fashioned diner.
Get some warmth and reminiscence of spring BBQ-ing while making this and remember as you watch the snow fall – Spring is around the corner!
Note: The garnishes in this recipe are just as important as the burger itself so don’t skimp out!
1 lb. of lean ground sirloin beef
1 large egg
¼ cup of bread crumbs
1 strip of bacon
1 tsp. of garlic powder
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ onion – finely chopped
½ tsp. of salt
1-2 tomatoes - sliced
Mayo – to taste
Dijon Mustard – to taste
Ketchup – to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the garnishes and bread in a large bowl.
- Divide into four equal portions and form them into patties about ½ inch thick.
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick pan over medium heat with a small drizzle of olive oil and cook the patties 3-4 minutes on each side (or until they read 160F and are cooked thoroughly).
- Place the slice of cheese over the patty and let it melt slightly.
- Transfer to your bread and garnish as desired!